What is camera ready artwork?
To qualify as “camera-ready” your artwork must be submitted in one of the following formats:
- Adobe Illustrator CS5 or earlier (.ai)
- Encapsulated Post Script (.eps)
- Portable Document Format (.pdf)
- JPEG (.jpg)*
- Adobe Photoshop (.psd)* – Do NOT flatten the layers in your Photoshop file; include all font files in addition to the .psd file.
- Tagged Image Format (.tif)*
* Must be saved at a minimum of 300 dpi at the final print size. Files lower than 300 dpi will not be accepted.
If your artwork files are too large to email, let us know and we’ll send a Dropbox link where you can upload them no matter the size.
Unacceptable File Formats
Please do not submit Microsoft Word, Publisher or PowerPoint files, they will NOT be considered “camera-ready” files. We cannot accept images saved from Google search. The images are copyright protected and are too low in resolution to use for production. Files with saved in the Graphics Interchange Format (.gif) or Portable Network Graphics (.png) format are NOT camera-ready.
Artwork and Design Services
Files that do not meet the above listed criteria will be subject to our standard hourly artwork charge of $50 per hour, billed in 15 minute increments. Royalty free artwork is available for commercial use.
Color Matching and Color Accuracy
Due to variances in computer monitors and printers, colors shown in a digital or “virtual” proof or mockup are not true to the finished product. If you desire a specific color match on the final delivered product, you must specify the color by providing either a physical sample, or listing a corresponding Pantone Ink color (PMS color) on your purchase order. Additional color matching fees will apply for Pantone matches, or non-standard ink colors that must be mixed. Any additional charges will be approved by the customer prior to printing.
Maximum Imprint Size for Screen Printed Apparel
The following dimensions are to be used as approximiate guidelines only and are only intended to assist in sizing your artwork for custom t-shirt and hoodie prints.
- Adult full back prints: 12″ wide x 18″ long
- Youth full back prints: 9″ wide x 13″ long
- Tank top front prints: approx. 7.5″ wide x 15″ long
- Left chest “pocket” prints: 3.5″ wide
- Sleeve prints: 3.5″ wide x 12″ long (standard screen) or 20″ long (oversize screen)